This page will recommend underground bands and artists who aren't as well known and who don't originate from the U.S. This includes a copious amount of bands from europe such as swedish, polish, and german bands.
Go to home page
- Top 5 incredible underground bands (my personal favorites):
- 1. Hammerfall- A swedish power metal band that formed in 1993. They released their first album "Glory to the Brave" in 1997. They are my favorite band of all time hands down. This band was the reason I began to listen to metal and I discovered them around my senior year of high school.Hammerfall Website
- 2. Krisiun- A brazilian death metal band that plays some heavy riffs accompanied by some fast paced drums and epic guitar solos. A brutal band, not recommended for beginners of heavy metal. Also, this is a three piece band, and all the members are brothers. I would say all three brothers are amazingly skilled at what they do and they prove as a force to be reckoned with. Krisiun Website
- 3. Primal Fear- A German power metal band that has been around since the later 90s. They have easily become one of my favorite all time bands and the vocalist hits high notes like no one else. Also, their album covers seem to revolve around a theme of birds which I find pretty cool as I own a bird myself. It goes along with the band name Primal Fear because birds such as falcons have these superior instincts and they reign supreme in the sky as vicious predators. Primal Fear Website
- 4. Mystic Prophecy- A band from germany that covers elements of thrash metal with their fast paced riffs and power metal with their epic soaring vocals and guitar solos. Definitely a darker band, with a lot of their songs and albums dealing with hell, devils, and damnation. Despite that, they aren't a satanic band by any means. They have covered some classic songs such as Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne and Paranoid by Black Sabbath. Mystic Prophecy Website
- 5. Iron Mask- One of my favorite bands, Iron Mask falls under a subgenre of metal known as Neoclassical metal. Essentially this is a combination of classical and heavy metal music. Typically the guitar scales used for riffs are quite unique. It sounds like mozart meets metal. There is just something truly special about combining classical music with metal music that if done right, it speaks for itself with its masterful performance. Iron Mask Website